Individual Giving and Events Manager
We are looking for an Individual Giving and Events Manager to help lead our organization to the next phase as we continue to grow in the community. This role will report to our Chief Executive Officer, will work closely with the Board of Directors and committees, as well as the Finance Manager and senior staff.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As Individual Giving and Events Manager, you will manage and expand our fundraising efforts. You will implement long and short-term fundraising strategies to expand our base of major individual donors, determine and meet annual giving goals, and oversee our annual events. More specific responsibilities include:
- Managing donor communications and development of stewardship strategies for top donors.
- Determining individual giving goals to meet organizational needs and assuming responsibilities for ensuring goals are met.
- Identifying major donor prospects, conducting background research in preparation of meetings, managing portfolios of existing and major donor prospects, and participating personally in soliciting gifts.
- Working with program and communications staff to draft and finalize donor briefs and asks that secure gifts.
- Partnering with the CEO to develop cross-functional development strategies and targeted donor support.
- Designing and implementing an annual calendar of creative and unique major donor engagement opportunities.
- Staffing the Board Development Committee and other committees in support of successful fundraising activities that attract new individual donors and reach new revenue milestones.
- Overseeing annual events fundraising pipeline and help set fundraising strategy, and briefing the CEO, board, and staff on key donors and prospects in advance of annual events as it relates to individual donors.
WHO YOU ARE (QUALIFICATIONS):
- A strong commitment to the mission and goals of Mar Vista Family Center.
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum of four years’ progressive responsibility in fundraising; and a track record of building donor relations and closing major gifts.
- Proven management skills and the ability to effectively evaluate, prioritize, and develop individuals of all stages in a portfolio.
- Knowledge of donors in the Los Angeles area.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs with advanced knowledge of Excel; experience with a donor database such as Donor Perfect.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with staff at all levels and ability to represent Mar Vista Family Center with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, including ability to prioritize, manage time efficiently, meet deadlines, and work independently and collaboratively.
- You are a good listener with the ability to build rapport easily with internal and external constituents.
- You are a team-oriented person with excellent judgment, maturity, creativity, flexibility, and a good sense of humor.
For information about this role please contact us at: email@example.com